Recipes----wait! what???

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Happy Holiday and Happy Birthday to Me

Murah!!!
On the 26th I had a birthday. I'm 70 years old now. My family brought me a cake and a poinsetta, a pretty picture and my great-grandson Gabriel  blew me kisses. He was outside playing and rolling around on the ground. He's four years old now and I miss him so much. I can't wait to see him again. I was there when this little guy was born and he was like the Hanged Man. One of his ankles was wrapped twice with the umbilical cord.

Gabriel's first word was "book" and he loves books so I'm building a nice library of classics to leave to him. They're mostly Leatherbound Classics from Amazon and Library of America books. I have 30+ volumes now and will continue to add to the library. I get them from used sellers if they're in good shape for rock bottom bargains and if I can't find a bargain I order new.

Gabriel's Mom is a writer like me.  Her first book is going to be published soon. I can't wait to see it. It's illustrated using photos of herself as a fairy. It's an adult fantasy, I think.

Blowin' kisses to Granny



 I never thought I'd live this long, so I'm very thankful that I've made it this far. I'd really like to see 100 years old and I did have a great uncle who lived to be over 100 and most of my relatives live into their 90's on both sides of my family.

Thank you, Gabe! Granny loves you to the moon and back for a million years
Gabriel is such a wonderful little boy. He named my daughter, his grandmother, Bop. He's always called her that. She's a musician and he's loved music since probably even before his birth because McKenzie would take her headphones and put them on her belly before he was born and play music she liked for him. She didn't get so into teenage-y music exclusively and played different kinds of music for him that way. For his 3rd birthday, Bop gave him a for-real blues harmonica. When he got home with it, he hid it somewhere and nobody knows where. He takes it out and plays it when he wants to but then it disappears again. I guess it's his special thing just for him, to his way of thinking. Or else he was playing it and somebody put it up just to get peace and quiet and he didn't want that to happen again so he decided to hide it. We have a cute little bit of video of Gabe playing guitar with Bop. I have a feeling he's going to be a musician himself as he gets older.

Now I'm getting some beadwork done for some orders I have and then I'm also making some jewelry that I can give as gifts and post here on a page I'm calling Jewels and Jeans boutique. My creations will be beaded denim with lace crocheted by me. Tarot cases, purses, book covers, jewelry, hatbands, guitar straps, belts, and much more. By this time next year, there will be pages and pages of stuff I've made that can either just be browsed through or bought.

Below are my cake and my poinsetta sitting on my old elephant. Off to bed for me now.
My luscious cake.
I
My poinsetta plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment