Recipes----wait! what???

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Craigslist is an Amazing Resource


Today I met some beautiful people who brought me a nice great big TV and a stand to hold it. I noticed an ad on craigslist where someone was offering a big old style flat screen TV and because it was so big, they offered the stand for it, too. They were offering it and said that if the person needed it to be brought to them they'd bring it and set it up. So that's what happened. I answered their ad and now I have a very beautiful, big TV and I don't have to try to see the very small screen I had till now. They're the nicest people and I'm very touched.

The people who put the desk I now have on craigslist also brought it to me and set it up for me and then went back home and brought me a computer chair, a set of pretty canisters and a pretty holiday cake plate too. Here's the beautiful desk I have now. It holds the library I've been building for my great-grandson, my Tarot books and journals as well as being where I can use my laptop and do beadwork. This wasn't free. I paid $50 for the desk.


This shows part of it but the photo below shows the top of the desk hutch where the big Hotei, guardian spirit of fortunetellers sits. The desk is 6 feet tall and 5 feet wide. It's wonderful, It's been very well taken care of and I l love it. My apartment is small, but I don't have anything to put on the walls, so I think this adds interest, functionality and is just the right choice for me.



On Monday the newsletter stuff will be handed over to me. I've accepted the job of editor of the Boardwalk newsletter, called the Sand Pebble. I'm so excited. I tend to be a hermit so this job will be a good way to get me out and about and I know I'm going to just love doing it. It's a volunteer position but that's not a problem for me. They provide the publishing, so it's not an expense for me. All I have to do is go out and get the news and pictures and then do the writing and layout.

My bed was another craigslist find and so is my couch. Craigslist is really a wonderful resource, even though it can sometimes be frustrating if the people offering the items don't respond to answers to their ads. Cory and Crys gave me a little bookcase and side table for my bedroom, so that's covered.. My bedroom is very small so there's isn't room for a lot in there but I have a twin bed which is all I prefer to have anyway, so it's plenty spacious for what I need.


This is my beautiful big TV and the stand the people donated to put it on.. The other TV I had was so small and old that when there were captions at the bottom of the screen, it cut them off and I couldn't always read them. My little kitchen is kind of cluttered in the background, but I wasn't thinking about that when I took the photo.

I now have to rearrange my living room to make it function better, but the only thing I now need to find is a small table and chairs. It will need to be just a very small sort of bistro table but considering that craigslist has furnished my little abode so far, I'm sure my table is going to be on offer before long, too.

Tomorrow I'm going to take more pictures to post here. Other people have such cute little alcove decorations in front of their doors that I'm going to keep my eyes open to find a way to make my own little decorations.

This is enough for now. Crys is going to be staying with me a couple days for Thanksgiving since it's my birthday that day and she's going to help me work more on the blog so I can learn how to keep expanding it and making it nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment