Recipes----wait! what???

Friday, November 20, 2015

Futture Plans for Frog Music

Hello. It's me. I'm not a beauty on the outside by any means and especially not with my hair skinned back, no makeup and in my nightgown, but here's me, anyway. I don't know how I got that partial little picture there so that means I also don't know how to remove it, but what you're seeing is the bottom of my big purple Buddha with a string of Halloween lights around it in that little postage stamp thing. Hey---I'm just happy I learned how to put pictures in my blog. I'll get better at it in time. I promise.

I've started this blog in hopes to do several things with this one online "presence" or whatever it would be called. It will be an ongoing project and will be done gradually but here's what I plan to do.

Tarot and Lenormand are very important to me, so a lot of my posts will involve discussion of cards, methods of reading, and images of cards used with the permission of the creators-. I'll also write about the way I read the cards and share knowledge I've gained in nearing 20 years of working with the cards. I'll be writing deck and book reviews and also will provide a way to contact me for readings by email and phone. Maybe even by Skype eventually, depending on how quickly I can get this blog fleshed out.

I also do interesting things with beads, using very, very tiny beads to embellish things I make. I've used buckskin a lot in the past but in the future, I'll be using denim. I'm always accepting donations of denim jeans that friends and family don't want so I've got a slowly growing stockpile of denim to use instead of buckskin. I've chosen to use denim because it's cost effective. Buckskin is getting more expensive and although it's been what I've used for years now, I just feel that denim is a good, inexpensive way to make the same kinds of items I used to make with buckskin and I can keep my prices reasonable. I'll be making Tarot and Lenormand card cases using denim decorated with my bead embroidery as well as purses and other items.. I'm moving away from using my bead looms as much and am working more with size 15 beads to do bead embroidery on the card cases. Those will appear now and then for sale. I'll try to arrange the blog so they're on show in a particular page or group of pages that will be easy to find all in one place. The use of denim will also make the card cases hand washable, which will be welcome to buyers, I'm sure.

I make jewelry that will be featured. I've got about 30 pairs of earrings made that I'll begin taking photos of tomorrow so I can post them right away. Other things I'm still working on making. This time of year when the holidays roll around, I get really caught up in making gifts but in January the new things will be coming out that I can show.

I make crone dolls and after Christmas I'll be putting some of those here. Native American style elders and crones are a favorite of mine. I sculpt and dress them myself.

Since I'm so chatty, there will be plenty of anecdotes, recipes, and whatever else. I'm trying to make this blog just a comfy, easy-to-read, interesting place to browse around on.






No comments:

Post a Comment