Recipes----wait! what???

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Why the Title Frog Music?

When I wrote my poem called "Frog Music" in 1983, I got a lot of chuckles and laughs from it. At the time, though, as I sat listening to the frogs "singing" their mating songs one spring night, it just seemed appropriate. When I sat before this blank blog page for hours without being able to come up with a name for this blog, all at once the title came back to me and I just knew that was it. It's not a title that's going to bring Tarot and Lenormand users or beadworkers or any other specific topic because I haven't added any specific words that would draw those people in, but I think this silly little title is pretty appropriate for the use I'll be making of the blog.

I've started blogs and websites before but I'm not very computer savvy so I've let them fall by the way, giving up before I was at all successful either because it was a paid site and I couldn't afford to keep it up when I was raising grandkids or just giving up because I couldn't do a good job of making the blog look nice and follow a logical course. Right now, I've moved to another state and for the first time in my life, I'm living totally alone. Now I can devote the time and effort to making an actual, functioning blog where I can post my thoughts, post items I make, and in general create something that might be of interest to those who come across it.

My goal is to write at least something every day. It won't always be on the same topic, probably, but at least it will be something I've contributed to the blog world, for whatever it's worth.







No comments:

Post a Comment